Join our team
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Role
Are you a warm, caring individual, passionate about joining a team working together to help others?
At Birch Psychology we are a fun-loving, hard-working and committed bunch of psychologists. We care about the people we work with as much as the clients we support.
We are looking for a team member who is professional, capable, organised and confident. We prioritise our caring and responsive approach to clients and referrers and in this role you will become the face and voice of our practice.
The position involves supporting Birch clients and our team of psychologists, while working alongside our administrative assistants. Key responsibilities include responding to enquiries from current clients, supporting our psychologists to manage their calendars or follow up referrals, taking intake calls for new clients, managing our client management software, finances, and general administration tasks.
We are currently looking for a new team member and, for the right candidate, are willing to think outside the square with job share options to enable this position to fit the juggle of life with kids. Birch Psychology has two locations, so the successful candidate will need to be able to work at both sites.
- Responsive engagement of new client enquiries and working with the clinical directors in allocating new clients to Birch psychologists
- General reception duties
- Using and updating online health practice management software
- Processing payments, invoices, Medicare and Private Health claims
- Scheduling client appointments
- Liaising with referrers
- Supporting Birch psychologists
- Reconciling invoices and bookkeeping tasks
- Additional administrative tasks as requested
Experience in a similar role within a health setting an advantage
Excellent interpersonal manner
Understanding of client engagement in a mental health setting
Willingness to work across locations if required